As a proactive measure and efforts to keep the school community safe, the South Colonie Central School District continued testing of staff members this week.
Testing results are as follows:
- Lisha Kill Middle School; tested 29 individuals on Monday, Jan. 25, recording 0 positive results
- Saddlewood Elementary; tested 21 individuals on Wednesday, Jan. 27, recording 1 positive results
- Sand Creek Middle School; tested 38 individuals on Thursday, Jan. 28, recording 0 positive results
- Veeder Elementary; tested 12 individuals on Thursday, Jan. 28, recording 0 positive results
Testing of staff will continue at the following locations next week.
- Roessleville Elementary will test staff on Monday, Feb. 1
- Forest Park Elementary will test staff on Tuesday, Feb. 2
- Shaker Road Elementary will test staff on Wednesday, Feb. 3
Please note that all positive results were included in our daily email notifications to date.
Changes to COVID notifications effective Monday, Feb. 1
In order to streamline our communication efforts and ensure families and individuals impacted directly by cases affiliated with our school community receive and read important updates, we are making the following changes to the way we communicate about positive COVID-19 cases.
- Effective Monday, Feb 1, daily messages notifying parents/staff of positive cases will no longer be distributed through a daily email from the South Colonie District Office.
- COVID updates/messages reporting any daily confirmed cases including positives that are discovered through testing will be posted to the district website COVID 19 Updates Page by 5:30 p.m. (Monday-Friday while school is in session). *Please note if there is no community message on the district website posted for a particular school day then the district did not receive confirmation from Albany County Department of Health (ACDOH) of any positive cases for that day nor did they discover any positive test results if on-site testing occurred.
- No changes will be made to how we communicate to families who may be impacted by a case that is affiliated with the school community. Impacted families will always be notified as soon as possible once tracing is completed. Notifications will come from either South Colonie or the ACDOH.
- A testing summary will be sent district-wide through email once the window of testing is completed for all locations. For the student testing window that is tentatively scheduled for February, an update will be provided at the end of the month once all locations have been completed. Any positive cases discovered during that time period will be included in the daily notifications posted to the COVID-19 updates page.
As always, daily statistics about cases from schools throughout the state, including the South Colonie Central School District, can be found on the New York State Department of Health website.
Please reach out to your building principal directly and/or the district’s COVID-19 Coordinator Christopher Robilotti if you have any questions about the testing program or changes to our COVID notifications. More information will be coming next week regarding our testing schedule for students.
Thank your patience and diligence in keeping our school community safe.
Dr. David Perry
Superintendent of Schools