South Colonie Central School District held a signing day event on Tuesday, Nov. 14 at Colonie Central High School. Students and families gathered to celebrate senior athletes as they signed their National Letter of Intent or commitment letter to play sports at the Division 1 and Division 2 collegiate levels.
“We are proud to highlight the following Colonie athletes as they head off to play intercollegiate athletics,” said William Roemer, South Colonie athletic director. “ Athletics is a big part of their lives and it is great to want to see them continue their careers in college. It’s great to celebrate all the hard work they have put into their sport in our district and I wish our athletes nothing but the best for the next phase of their academic and athletic endeavors.”
Colonie athletes were decked out in their college gear. Each student-athlete was allowed to take the mic for a few brief words. Most thanked their families for all the years of support and encouragement.
Congratulations to the following athletes:
- Nosa Omorogbe, Columbia University (Women’s Soccer)
- Hailey Blake, College of St. Rose (Women’s Soccer)
- Avery Connolly, Siena College (Women’s Lacrosse)
- Stella VanZutphen, Le Moyne College (Women’s Lacrosse)
- Kate Boardman, Iona College (Women’s Lacrosse)
- Brendan Shea – College of St. Rose (Men’s Baseball)
- Gabbie Norton, University of North Carolina Wilmington (Women’s Diving)
- Gabby Martin, Mercy University (Women’s Basketball)