Shaker Road Elementary School students and staff held its 8th birthday celebration on Nov. 17 for its long-standing school-wide anti-bullying program The Power of Nice. The Power of Nice rules are:
- We will not bully others
- We will help others being bullied
- We will include others who are being left
- We will tell an adult at home and an adult at school when we see bullying
Students learn about how these rules are applied to different situations that they can expect to encounter at school or on the bus or on the playground.
During Power of Nice Week Nov. 13-17, 2017, Shaker Road children and staff wore different colors to support these rules as follows:
- Golden Rule Monday: YELLOW to treat others the way you want to be treated.
- Loyalty Blue Tuesday: BLUE to show loyalty, practice kindness, and be a “true blue” friend.
- Respect the Earth Wednesday: GREEN to be respectful of our planet, problem-solving, and peace on Earth.
- Peaceful White Thursday: WHITE for peaceful friendships.
- School Spirit Friday: Thanks to Shaker Road PTA, students and staff received new RED Power of Nice “Family” shirts for the 8th birthday celebration.