Congratulations to Lisha Kill Middle School students who captured awards in the regional competition of the 2019 School Bus Safety Poster Contest sponsored by New York Association for Pupil Transportation (NYAPT).
The contest is run annually in accordance with guidelines and rules set out by the National School Bus Safety Week (NSBSW) Committee. This year’s safety theme was: “Red Lights Mean Stop!” Winning posters will now be judged at the national level.
Lisha Kill winners were as follows:
Division 2 (grades 3-5)
- Third place, Emma Graves, 5th grade
Division 3 (grades 6-8)
- First place, Michael Dixon, 7th grade
- Second place, Tiffany Lin, 7th grade
- Third place, Abiya Dean 8th grade
Division 4 (SPED)
- First place, Preston Reed, 5th grade
- Second place, Leyla Badillo, 7th grade
- Third place, Juliet George, 7th grade
- Honorable mention, Isabella Ratigan and Drew Owens, 5th grade