The South Colonie Central School District is seeking community input via an online survey and focus groups as it begins its search for a new Superintendent of Schools. Superintendent Jonathan Buhner has announced plans to retire in March 2020.
Superintendent’s Search Questions and Answers
Anita Murphy, District Superintendent of Capital Region BOCES, is working with the South Colonie Board of Education as a consultant during the search process. The Board of Education’s goal is to have the next superintendent in place by next summer. BOCES will begin advertising the position in late October.
For more information about the Superintendent’s search process please visit our Q & A page.
Take the Online Community Survey Through Oct. 24
The online survey will remain open until October 24. The brief, anonymous survey seeks input about what characteristics and skills are desired of the next superintendent. The survey is for all members of the greater school community, including students, parents, staff and residents.
Attend a Community/Staff/Student Focus Group Meeting
Please attended a superintendent’s search input forum at one of the following scheduled sessions:
October 8, 2019
- Student Representatives — Colonie Central High School library— 2 p.m.
- Teachers and Teacher Assistants Grades UK-Grade 4 — Sand Creek Middle School auditorium — 3:50 p.m.
- Leadership Team — Sand Creek Middle School auditorium — 5 p.m.
- Community at Large — Sand Creek Middle School auditorium — 6 p.m.
Tuesday, October 15
- Board of Education — District Office — 7 p.m.
Tuesday, October 22
- Teachers and Teacher Assistants Grades 5-12 and ALL Grades if You Missed Our Earlier Session — Sand Creek Middle School auditorium — 3:30 p.m.
- Support Staff Members — Sand Creek Middle School auditorium — 4:30 p.m.
- PTA and ALL South Colonie Parents and Community Members if You Missed Our Earlier Session — Sand Creek Middle School auditorium — 6 p.m.