Given that information related to the COVID-19 pandemic is a fluid situation, we will use this web page to share updates with families. Important COVID updates will also be shared through the district’s mass notification system ParentSquare.
- 2021-22 COVID-19 Protocols & Procedures
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Tiered Mitigation Chart
- COVID-19 Updates
- Health Screening Questions
The South Colonie Central School District2021-22 Protocols & Procedures is now available and will be updated throughout the school year, as necessary, to respond to local circumstances.
The South Colonie Central School District is committed to establishing and maintaining regular channels of communication regarding COVID-19 protocols and procedures for the 2021-22 school year. As questions are submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org information will be shared here.
The South Colonie Central School District will implement the following practices related to daily health screenings.
Anyone entering a South Colonie facility including students and staff members must be able to answer no to the following screening questions prior to entering a facility or riding district transportation.
- Have you had any signs or symptoms of a fever in the past 24 hours including chills, sweats, felt “feverish” or have had a temperature of 100° F or greater
- Have you experienced one or more of these symptoms in the last 10 days: Cough, Shortness of breath or chest tightness, Sore throat, Headache, Nasal congestion/runny nose, muscle pain, Loss of Taste and/Smell, Diarrhea, Nausea, Vomiting, Fever/Chills/Sweats
- In the last 10 days, have you been contacted by a local health department and deemed a close contact and/or knowingly been in contact with a person who tested positive for COVID-19? (Any student or staff member with suspected signs of COVID-19 will be assessed by the school nurse and will be sent home for follow-up with a health care provider; a separate location will be provided for potentially ill students while they await pick-up.