The South Colonie Central School District has been ranked No. 15 in the Albany area in student performance in a report by Business First.
According to the publication, the rankings reflect the collective performance of each school district’s public schools from K-12 over a period of four years. In total, 83 district from throughout Albany, Columbia, Fulton, Greene, Montgomery, Renssalaer, Saratoga, Schenectady, Schoharie, Warren and Washington counties were included in the rankings.
In compiling the most recent list of Capital Region school districts, Business First examined four years of data from the New York State Education Department, including Regents diploma and state testing data for grades 3-8. In some instances, data was weighted to reflect extraordinary achievement. Weighted factors were compared to other districts and included:
- Graduates who earned Advanced Regents diplomas
- Superior scores on Regents exams (score of 85 or above)
- Number of students in grades 3-8 scoring a Level 4 on state assessments
Other Report Findings
Also according to Business First, South Colonie ranked:
- 79th overall out of 431 upstate school districts
- 1st out of 83 Capital Region and 1st out of 431 upstate school districts in teaching experience
- 4th out of 83 Capital Region and 22nd out of 431 upstate school districts in administrative efficiency
- 9th out of 83 Capital Region and 35th out of 431 upstate school districts in diversity index
- 20th out of 83 Capital Region and in wealth (household income)
- 17th out of 83 Capital Region and 57th out of 431 upstate school districts in economic climate