Dear Roessleville Families:
I know that the decision to close school for the remainder of the school year has extended the hardships that many families are experiencing, but it also gives us the opportunity to plan ahead for a safe re-entry when school reopens. Of course, when we were directed to close our school buildings in March, we did not anticipate it being the last time we would see our students in person this school year. While we are deeply saddened not to finish the year together physically, we know that safety is our number one priority.
The last day of school for students is June 16th. We will continue providing virtual learning opportunities until then and we encourage all families to keep their students engaged (as much as possible) in these activities to ensure learning and reinforcement of skills. On behalf of the Roessleville faculty and staff, I am writing to express my appreciation for all of your assistance in supporting your child’s learning throughout the closure of school.
As the year winds down, we are working on a coordinated plan that will allow families to return to school and retrieve materials left behind by students. Our nurse Mrs. Devaney also has medications to return and our librarian, Mrs. Ringer needs to collect library books that students have borrowed to read at home. Some students may also have textbooks, chromebooks and books from the classroom and/or reading rooms and canvas book-in-a-bag(s) that need to be returned.
On June 15th and 16th K-4 families will be afforded an opportunity to return to Roessleville to collect personal items and return any school materials that you have at home. (UPK will be doing their materials pick up separately on June 12th). Please review the following schedule and procedures for your pick-up date and time. The process will follow social distancing and safety protocols. Do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you again for all of your support and cooperation.
Pick up of materials will be outside the cafeteria door near the parent drop off circle. We will have a table set up outside the door. Due to a large number of families, we will stagger pick up times based on grade level. If you have students from multiple grade levels, please come at your oldest child’s time.
*Please note UPK material pick up will be on Friday, June 12th 10:00-11:00 (Brinkman) 12:00-1:00 (Govel)
- 9 to 10:30 a.m., Kindergarten
- 10:30 a.m. to noon, First grade
- 1 to 2:30 p.m., Second Grade
- 9 to 10:30 a.m., Third grade
- 10:30 a.m. to noon, Fourth grade
- 1 to 2:30 p.m., Make-up time
- Drive down California Avenue, around the parent drop off loop to the door by the cafeteria and wait in your vehicle for someone to check you in.
- Open your trunk.
- If you have items to return to school, they should be placed in a bag in your trunk and notify the staff so they can be collected.
- Staff will place the belongings from school in your vehicle.
- Please be sure to wear a mask when you arrive. Staff will be wearing a mask and gloves in order to maintain social distancing.
- If your child has medication to pick up, Mrs. Devaney will be stationed outside for pick-up.
- Each grade level will be assigned a time in order to avoid traffic issues and provide enough time to retrieve their material. Please come at your oldest child’s time.
- If you are unable to collect your child’s things, please notify your child’s teacher or myself at email@example.com so arrangements can be made.