Summer School Offered July 8-August 14
South Colonie will offer a summer school program July 8-August 14 for students in grades 7-12 only. All classes will be held at Lisha Kill Middle School. Driver’s Education will also be offered during the summer only.
BUS ROUTES FOR SUMMER SCHOOL
SUMMER SCHOOL REGISTRATION INFORMATION
- Registration for district residents will be held July 2-3 at Colonie Central High School. At this time school counselors will be available to answer questions and meet with parents and students. Registration times are 8:30-11 a.m. and 12:30-2:30 pm.
- Registration for non-district residents will be held July 3 at Lisha Kill Middle School. Registration times are 8:30-11 a.m. and 12:30-2:30 pm.
- Non-residents and non-South Colonie school students must have letter on school stationary signed by an authorized school official and their final report card.
- All 7th and 8th grade students need NOT show up for registration. All information (student schedule and bus routes) will be mailed home.
- Fees/Tuition will be refunded only if a class is canceled due to insufficient enrollment. In general, minimum of 10 students is necessary to run a class.
- Requests to take examinations for Regents must be in writing and signed by an authorized school official.
- Science laboratory for Regents credit must be completed prior to summer school.
- Printable 2019 Summer School Brochure With Complete Information
TENTATIVE SUMMER SCHOOL COURSE OFFERINGS
- English 9-12
- Algebra 1
- Algebra 2
- Global 9
- Global 10
- U.S. History
- Earth Science
- Living Environment
- Physical Education
- English 7-8
- Math 7-8
- Social Studies 7-8
- Science 7-8
The South Colonie School District offers a non-credit bearing course. Fee is $450.00. Students can register for the course in the attendance office during school business hours. Students must be 16 by July 1 to take the course. Dates are July 8 through August 14.
Every student is required to attend a minimum of 23 class sessions out of 25 days of instruction. Absence for special events (for example, previously scheduled vacations, sporting events, camps, court appearances, etc.) is not excusable. These absences will count as regular absences. Students who miss more than 2 classes will be dropped from class. A tardiness of 15 minutes or more will be considered an absence. Minutes being late will be added up.
Smoking tobacco, possession of weapons, illegal drugs or alcoholic beverages, violence or any disruptive behavior is not permitted at any time. Offenders will be dropped fro the summer school program. Summer School is a closed campus. Students are NOT allowed out o the building between classes. NO hover boards or skate boards are allowed on school grounds at any time. All South Colonie Central School District Code of Conduct regulations will be enforced.
Footwear must be worn; Hoods must be kept down; No hats; No brief garments, such as tube tops, net tops, halter tops, spaghetti straps, plunging necklines etc.
SUMMER SCHOOL PARKING REGULATIONS
Licensed drivers may drive to Summer School and park on campus. Vehicles must be registered and insured. Students may park ONLY in the lot closest to Waterman Avenue. Vehicles parked in other areas may be towed.