Summer is fast approaching and South Colonie Schools hope that all students will engage in reading throughout the summer. This year we are excited to continue our Summer Reading structure for K-8, with student reading any type of text they choose. We encourage students to explore a variety of texts including, but not limited to, books, newspapers, magazines, articles, audio books, and more. We have created a list of websites for students to visit if they are interested in suggested titles (see list below). Librarians are also available to help. Have a super summer and keep reading!
Articles and resources for parents
Summer Reading Programs and contests
- Read-a-Palooza Scholastic Summer Reading Challenge
- Colonie Town Library Summer Reading Program Challenge
- The 10th Annual New York Times Summer Reading Contest
- Amazon Reading Challenge (win free books!)
- A Universe of Podcasts: A Summer Listening Guide for Elementary, Middle, and High School Students