2018-2019 Budget Development Process and Headlines
South Colonie residents went to the polls on Tuesday, May 15, and approved a $102.19 million budget for the 2018-19 school year by a vote of 1,019-297, and a $1.07 million proposition to purchase 10 new school buses by a vote of 1,021-293. Elected to five-year terms on the Board of Education were newcomers Colleen Gizzi (1,008 votes) and Stephanie Cogan (1,003 votes).
2018-2019 Adopted Budget Overview
- Approved Budget: $102,196,466
- Budget-to-Budget Increase: 2.75%
- Tax Levy Increase: 2.95%
2018-2019 Required Budget Documents
- Full 2018-19 Proposed Budget Newsletter
- 2-page 2018-19 Proposed Budget Preview Newsletter
- 2018-2019 Adopted Budget
- Total Adopted Budget 2018-2019
- 2018-2019 Property Report Card
- Budget For Publication – Summary
- 3-Part Budget Comparison
- Budget Exemption Impact Reports
- Required Compensation Information
- Fiscal Accountability Summary
- 2018-2019 Revenue Budget
- 2018-2019 School Budget Notice
- District NYS Report Card
- NYS Report Cards by Schools
- 2018 Board of Education Elections
Earlier South Colonie 2018-2019 Budget Posts
- District Presents Second Draft of Proposed 2018-19 Budget
- South Colonie New York State Budget Advocacy Talking Points
- District Presents First Draft of Proposed 2018-19 Budget
- Governor Unveils Executive Budget
- 2018-19 Budget Development Calendar
2018-2019 District Tax Rates by Towns
- South Colonie Properties – $27.35 per $1,000 of assessed value
- Guilderland Properties – $24.08 per $1,000 of assessed value
- Niskayuna Properties – $18.20 per $1,000 of assessed value
District Tax No. 595
Reported income on your New York State tax return is a measure of a district’s wealth. Accurate completion of this information is important because the state uses it to calculate state aid for school districts. Please use District Tax No. 595.
Where and When Do I Vote/Voter Eligibility
General Voting Information
On the third Tuesday of each May, residents from across New York State go to the polls to vote on the following year’s school district budget and to elect members of the Board of Education. In early May, South Colonie residents can expect to receive in the mail a copy of the District newsletter InFocus which will highlight the budget residents will be voting on. If you do not receive a copy of the newsletter, please contact the District Office at (518) 869-3576 and one will be mailed to you. Information will also be posted on this website.
To qualify to register to vote with the South Colonie Central School District, you must meet all of the conditions listed below:
- You are a citizen of the United States.
- You are at least 18 years of age.
- You are a resident of the District for at least thirty (30) days prior to the vote date.
- You are not a convicted felon.
- You are not in jail or on parole for a felony conviction.
- You are not adjudged by a Court to be mentally incompetent.
Registration of voters will occur between the hours of 9:00 am and 4:30 pm, no later than May 8, 2018. All registration shall take place at the office of the District Clerk, 102 Loralee Drive, Albany, NY 12205.
Polling Sites: Where and When to Vote
Residents may vote at ANY of the District’s five elementary school buildings (Forest Park, Roessleville, Saddlewood, Shaker Road and Veeder schools.) There is NO VOTING at the High School or Middle School buildings. Polls are open from 11:00 am to 9:00 pm on vote day.
Absentee Ballot Information
Absentee ballots will be automatically mailed to each voter whose registration record on file with the County Board of Elections is marked “permanently disabled”. All other voters must submit an application prior to obtaining an absentee ballot.
The application must be received by the District Clerk at least seven days before the election if the ballot is to be mailed to the voter, or the day before the election if the ballot is to be issued to the voter in person. All completed applications must be received by District Clerk via first class mail or delivered in person to the District Office, 102 Loralee Drive, Albany, NY 12205. Fax or email applications will not be accepted.
Absentee ballots will be provided upon proper application to any qualified voter who will be unable to vote in person due to illness or physical disability, hospitalization, incarceration (unless for conviction of a felony), travel outside the voter’s county or city of residence for employment or business reasons, studies, or vacation on the day of the election.
The District Clerk will review the absentee ballot application to determine if the applicant is a qualified voter and is otherwise entitled to vote by absentee ballot. If the application is proper in all respects, the District Clerk will then mail or personally issue an absentee ballot to the voter.
All absentee ballots must be received in the office of the District Clerk (102 Loralee Drive, Albany, NY 12205) no later than 5:00 pm on the day of the vote. The ballot must be sealed, signed and dated. Please Note: The ballot will not be valid if there is no signature on the envelope.
Absentee Ballot Application and Instructions
The absentee ballot application and application instructions are available at the office of the District Clerk between the hours of 9:00 am and 4:30 pm or at the link below. Any questions relating to the process for absentee ballots may be directed to Jamie Mroczko, District Clerk at (518) 869-3576, ext. 0442.